Want your business to be seen hundreds of thousands of times a month by sewing enthusiasts?
If you run a fabric, craft or haberdashery shop, let us bring our audience to your brand!
About Tilly and the Buttons
As a small business owner and blogger, we know how important promoting your brand can be. We’re here to help get your company in front of 80,000 - 95,000 unique visitors per month - our loyal following of readers are serious about sewing, crazy about craft and fanatical about fabric!
Our aim is to get more people into craft and dressmaking and our unique sponsors and curated blog content ensures we’re one of the world’s top sewing blogs. We’re regularly featured in both craft and mainstream press and Tilly was chosen from thousands of applicants to be a contestant on BBC TV's hunt for Britain's best amateur sewist. Her book, Love at First Stitch, was a Sunday Times bestseller and was named "Best Sewing Book 2014" and "Favourite Sewing Personality 2015" in the British Sewing Awards.
"Tilly can double my hits overnight whereas an experimental advert in the Sunday supplement of a major national newspaper had virtually no impact on traffic to my site. This just shows the power of internet advertising and of course the Power of Tilly! Tilly has been totally supportive and both pro-active and genuinely interested in helping promote Sewbox. THANK YOU!"
- Susan Stevenson, Sewbox
We take a fun and friendly approach to sewing and over the past seven years the blog has attracted a loyal following of modern makers. They are mainly women, of all ages (most popular age bracket 25-34), based all over the world (most from the UK and US), from novice to more advanced stitchers.
"Sewing's new star"
80,000 - 95,000 unique visitors per month
200,000 - 350,000 page views per month
523,000+ followers via Pinterest
37,000+ followers via Bloglovin
53,000+ followers on Instagram
22,000+ followers via Twitter
20,000+ likes on Facebook
… and growing every day!
"If there was anyone cooler, or hotter, on TV this week than Tilly, her bedroom clothes rail stuffed with spankingly cute dresses she'd designed and executed herself, I didn't see them."
- Radio Times
Let’s work together! Sponsor options
Your advert will be posted for one full month, starting on the 1st of the month. Choose from the following options:
Featured spot - 200 x 200 pixels - £150 + VAT per month
- TOP SPOT! Positioned at the top of the sponsors column on the right-hand side bar for all eyes to see. Only one spot available per month. You can reserve this space in advance for a future month or every other month (but not two months in a row due to popular demand) by paying up front.
Large spot - 200 x 200 pixels - £80 + VAT for 1 month / £225 + VAT for 3 months / £400 + VAT for 6 months (6th month free!)
- Large spots available underneath the Featured spots and above the Regular spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Large spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Regular spot - 200 x 125 pixels - £55 + VAT for 1 month / £155 + VAT for 3 months / £275 + VAT for 6 months (6th month free!)
- Positioned underneath the Large spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Regular spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Mini spot - 200 x 60 pixels - £40 + VAT for 1 month / £115 + VAT for 3 months / £200 + VAT for 6 months (6th month free!)
- Mini price! Especially for sole traders, micro businesses, Etsy stores and blogs looking to gain extra traffic.
Making the most of your sponsorship
Sponsoring a popular blog read by thousands of sewing enthusiasts is a fantastic way to drive traffic to your website. A few ideas for maximising the opportunity:
- Choose a clear image which will appeal to my readers. Hint: we love sewing, craft and dresses! If you can't decide which to use, we're happy to advise.
- Feel free to send us fresh artwork each month to maintain interest or to test out new products.
- How about including a discount code in your ad for readers who quote 'TILLY' when buying from your shop?
- Editorial content on the blog is not included with sponsorship, however Tilly is happy to retweet occasional information from sponsors on new products or promotions.
Get in touch!
Further questions? Ready to sponsor? Hooray! Email us sponsor (at) tillyandthebuttons.com detailing:
- a brief intro to your business
- the website your ad would link to
- the size of spot you’d like
- how many months you’d like to book
- if you are based outside the EU or are a non-UK EU business with a valid VAT registration in your own country, please let us know so we can waive VAT from your invoice.
Sponsors are subject to approval to ensure they are the right fit for this site and its readers. Sponsors will be invoiced and payment is required upfront before the ad goes live. Please send artwork (static images only) as soon as possible and at least 3 days before your advert is due to go live.
Disclosure: This is a for profit blog. I am proud to promote sponsors fitting the mission of Tilly and the Buttons to encourage people to make their own clothes. I am also proud to be able to earn a living doing what I love, to create jobs for others and to help sustain and grow other craft businesses. I am an Amazon Affiliate and a Craftsy Affiliate, which means I receive compensation if you buy something from them having clicked through from here. Any reviews are totally honest, any sponsored content is disclosed as such, and I only recommend products and services I genuinely love and think my readers will love too.