Be seen hundreds of thousands of times a month by sewing enthusiasts!
Tilly and the Buttons creates and shares easy-to-use dressmaking tutorials, tips and inspiration for modern crafters. My blog is regularly featured in the press and was named “Best for DIY Fashion” by Channel 4. I was chosen from thousands of applicants to be a contestant on BBC TV's hunt for Britain's best amateur sewist. My first book, Love at First Stitch, was published in May 2014.
"Sewing's new star"
The site has a loyal following of readers who are serious about sewing, crazy about craft, fanatical about fabric, passionate about patterns, and very into vintage! They are mainly women, of all ages (most popular age bracket 25-34), based all over the world (most from the UK, then US), from novice to advanced stitchers.
70,000 - 85,000 unique visitors per month
280,000 - 500,000 page views per month
20,000+ followers via Bloglovin
19,000+ followers via Pinterest
13,000+ followers via Twitter
… and growing!
"Due to my ad, my hits from Tilly's site are through the roof!"
- Christine Haynes, sewing author + designer"Tilly can double my hits overnight whereas an experimental advert in the Sunday supplement of a major national newspaper had virtually no impact on traffic to my site. This just shows the power of internet advertising and of course the Power of Tilly! Tilly has been totally supportive and both pro-active and genuinely interested in helping promote Sewbox. THANK YOU!"
- Susan Stevenson, SewboxAdvertising options
"You do such an amazing job keeping your site active and your viewers engaged. The hits from your site outperform all of our other ads by a landslide. Thank you."
- Mary Behrens, Vintage Pattern Marketplace
Your advert will be posted for one full month, starting on the 1st of the month. Choose from the following options:
Featured spot - 200 x 200 pixels - £150 per monthTOP SPOT! Positioned at the top of the sponsors column on the right-hand side bar for all eyes to see. Only one spot available per month. You can reserve this space in advance for a future month or every other month (but not two months in a row due to popular demand) by paying up front. Available months - FULLY BOOKED
Featured Footer - 850 x 150 pixels - £250 per month
This is what readers will see when they come to the end of every page on the site - your massive ad! The image shown above has been scaled down to 650 x 115 px to fit this page, but your ad will actually be bigger, at a whopping great 850 x 150 pixels to span the bottom of the site. Only one spot available per month. You can reserve this space in advance for a future month or every other month (but not two months in a row) by paying up front. Available months - September, October 2014
Large spots available underneath the Featured spots and above the Regular spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Large spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Regular spot - 200 x 125 pixels - £60 for 1 month / £165 for 3 months / £300 for 6 months (6th month free!)
Positioned underneath the Large spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Regular spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Mini spot - 200 x 60 pixels - £40 for 1 month / £115 for 3 months / £200 for 6 months (6th month free!)
Mini price! Especially for mini businesses, Etsy stores and blogs looking to gain extra traffic.
Making the most of your sponsorship
Sponsoring a popular blog read by thousands of sewing enthusiasts is a fantastic way to drive traffic to your website. A few ideas for maximising the opportunity:
- Choose a clear image which will appeal to my readers. Hint: we love sewing, craft and dresses! If you can't decide which to use, I'm happy to advise.
- Feel free to send me fresh artwork each month to keep those eyes drawn or to test out different images.
- How about including a discount code in your ad for readers who quote 'TILLY' when buying from your shop?
Blog sponsors get special treatment! If you book a Featured, Featured Footer or Large spot for 6 months or more, I'd be happy to discuss ideas for extra editorial, such as a product review. Please note:
- I will only write honest reviews of products or services I genuinely love and think my readers will love too
- I prefer creative approaches of getting readers excited about your business rather than a simple "plug"
- Giveaways are currently held once or twice a year, jointly with other sponsors for greater reach and impact (see example)
- Editorial space is limited and at my discretion... but I will do my best to accommodate you
- I'm happy to retweet relevant information about your business (such as a new product or event) that my readers would love to know! Oh and I lurrrve browsing my sponsors' sites and pinning fabric to Pinterest...
Get in touch!
Further questions? Ready to sponsor? Hooray! Email me (see below) detailing:
- a brief intro to your business
- the website your ad would link to
- the size of spot you’d like
- how many months you’d like to book.
Sponsors are subject to approval to ensure they are the right fit for this site and its readers. Sponsors will be invoiced via PayPal and payment is required upfront to secure a space. Please send artwork (static images only) as soon as possible and at least 3 days before your advert is due to go live.
"Sponsoring Tilly's blog as has such a positive impact on my business. Her content is so rich and wonderful that it draws in such an amazing audience. There has been a great increase in traffic to my website, resulting in positive sales. Tilly is such a generous and supportive lady. She takes a real interest in her sponsors and is always keen on finding new and interesting ways to get the word out and show support for us!"
- Kristiann Boos, Victory Patterns