Do you run a fabric or craft shop?
Want your ad to be seen hundreds of thousands of times a month by sewing enthusiasts?
Tilly and the Buttons creates and shares gorgeous, easy-to-use guides to sewing your own clothes. The blog takes a fun and friendly approach to sewing, with a particular emphasis on beginners, to encourage more people to get into dressmaking as a hobby. The blog has a loyal following of modern makers and is regularly featured in both craft and mainstream press. Tilly was chosen from thousands of applicants to be a contestant on BBC TV's hunt for Britain's best amateur sewist. Her book, Love at First Stitch, was a Sunday Times bestseller and was named "Best Sewing Book 2014" in the British Sewing Awards.
"Sewing's new star"
The site has a loyal following of readers who are serious about sewing, crazy about craft and fanatical about fabric! They are mainly women, of all ages (most popular age bracket 25-34), based all over the world (most from the UK and US), from novice to more advanced stitchers.
70,000 - 85,000 unique visitors per month
250,000 - 400,000 page views per month
440,000+ followers via Pinterest
29,000+ followers via Bloglovin
17,000+ followers via Twitter
13,000+ likes on Facebook
… and growing!
"Due to my ad, my hits from Tilly's site are through the roof!"
- Christine Haynes, sewing author + designer"Tilly can double my hits overnight whereas an experimental advert in the Sunday supplement of a major national newspaper had virtually no impact on traffic to my site. This just shows the power of internet advertising and of course the Power of Tilly! Tilly has been totally supportive and both pro-active and genuinely interested in helping promote Sewbox. THANK YOU!"
- Susan Stevenson, SewboxAdvertising options
Your advert will be posted for one full month, starting on the 1st of the month. Choose from the following options:
Featured spot - 200 x 200 pixels - £150 + VAT per monthTOP SPOT! Positioned at the top of the sponsors column on the right-hand side bar for all eyes to see. Only one spot available per month. You can reserve this space in advance for a future month or every other month (but not two months in a row due to popular demand) by paying up front. Available months - FULLY BOOKED (sponsors will be alerted to Featured spot availability from June 2015)
Featured Footer - 850 x 150 pixels - £150 + VAT per month
This is what readers will see when they come to the end of every page on the site - your massive ad! The image shown above has been scaled down to 650 x 115 px to fit this page, but your ad will actually be bigger, at a whopping great 850 x 150 pixels to span the bottom of the site. Only one spot available per month. You can reserve this space in advance for a future month by paying up front. Available months - March, April, May 2015
Large spots available underneath the Featured spots and above the Regular spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Large spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Regular spot - 200 x 125 pixels - £55 + VAT for 1 month / £155 + VAT for 3 months / £275 + VAT for 6 months (6th month free!)
Positioned underneath the Large spots on the right-hand side bar. Order of Regular spots allocated on a first-come first-served basis, then rotated mid-month for maximum exposure.
Mini spot - 200 x 60 pixels - £40 + VAT for 1 month / £115 + VAT for 3 months / £200 + VAT for 6 months (6th month free!)
Mini price! Especially for sole traders, micro businesses, Etsy stores and blogs looking to gain extra traffic.
Making the most of your sponsorship
Sponsoring a popular blog read by thousands of sewing enthusiasts is a fantastic way to drive traffic to your website. A few ideas for maximising the opportunity:
- Choose a clear image which will appeal to my readers. Hint: we love sewing, craft and dresses! If you can't decide which to use, we're happy to advise.
- Feel free to send us fresh artwork each month to keep those eyes drawn or to test out different images.
- How about including a discount code in your ad for readers who quote 'TILLY' when buying from your shop?
- Editorial content on the blog is not included with sponsorship, however Tilly is happy to retweet occasional information from sponsors on new products or promotions.
Get in touch!
Further questions? Ready to sponsor? Hooray! Email us (see below) detailing:
- a brief intro to your business
- the website your ad would link to
- the size of spot you’d like
- how many months you’d like to book
- if you are based outside the EU or are a non-UK EU business with a valid VAT registration in your own country, please let us know so we can waive VAT from your invoice.
Sponsors are subject to approval to ensure they are the right fit for this site and its readers. Sponsors will be invoiced via PayPal and payment is required upfront before the ad goes live. Please send artwork (static images only) as soon as possible and at least 3 days before your advert is due to go live.