In case you never made it over to Crafty Christmas Club (where were you?!), here's a quick round up in pictures of the things I made.
- Handbag from Buttercup Bag pattern
- Zippered make up bags adapted from the same pattern
- Felt rose brooches made using Marie's tutorial
- Poppy beaded necklace made under instruction from my friend Anna
- Baby quilt made using Saints & Pinners Forest Friends Super Quick Quilt pack
- Chocolate orange and hazelnut biscotti made under instruction from Anna
- Lebkuchen made using this recipe
- Felt stuck willy nilly all over wrapped prezzies - yay!
I won't say it wasn't hard work making lots of Christmas prezzies myself, and there were definitely times when I felt like jacking it in going down Pound Land, but it was definitely worth it to avoid the soul-sapping routine of racing round John Lewis ticking people's names off a list. The recipients seemed grateful that I spent time and thought hand making their gifts, although I did make the mistake of telling my brother not to examine the stitching on the baby quilt right after I'd given him a USB microscope (didn't make that myself - maybe next year). The rest of my family seemed to find it screamingly funny as he uploaded the magnified images of my wonky stitching onto the laptop, but personally I couldn't see the funny side. I threatened to sew him something next year instead of buying him a gadget as his punishment - ha! That'll teach him!
[Soundtrack: 'Breakfast in Bed' by Dusty Springfield]