I made a couple of alterations of my own to the pattern. Firstly, I adapted the sleeve length to one I thought would be more practical for British weather. Secondly, I changed the gathers in the skirt to pleats in order to get a cleaner look, extending and accentuating the style lines of the bodice princess seams. Turns out Sunni had the same idea - great minds! Having redrawn the pattern lines to my measurements before cutting, my toile fit perfectly - hurrah! I did find a potential issue with the pattern though, which was that the back bodice pieces didn't match up, but I managed to fix this easily without distorting the dress.
This is definitely one of my cheaper makes. The linen-look cotton was £2/m from Simply Fabrics in Brixton, "You can't argue with that," I commented to the shop owner. "Oh but they do!" she sighed. The gorgeous Deco-style buttons were 20p each from Kleins trimmings shop in Soho. The lining was the most expensive part, a candy cane green silk blend from a shop in San Francisco.
The other stitchers participating in the Get a Vintage Look blog hop have made some lovely things - do take a peek at these gorgeous makes by Suzannah, Sunni, Lavender and Zoe. Also, Simplicity are giving away the three patterns on their website so hop on over if you fancy getting your mitts on your own copies...
[Soundtrack: 'Baltimore' by Nina Simone]