Excited about making the Francoise dress? Fancy winning one of ten amazing prizes? Enter your handmade dress into the #SewingFrancoise contest!
What are the prizes?
These are the machines we use in the studio – we love them! Fully computerised and easy to use, with 100 built-in stitches, lots of snazzy features, and a gorgeous turquoise face. The machine will be supplied courtesy of our friends at Janome. (*The contest is open internationally, but please note that, since this machine is only available in the UK, an equivalent machine will be supplied if the winner is based in another country.)
Elephant in my Handbag
The Village Haberdashery
Prize for all entries = general glory and admiration for your creativity!
How do you enter?
To enter the #SewingFrancoise Contest:
1) Make your own dress using the Francoise sewing pattern. Keep it simple and striking, or embellish and hack the pattern to your heart’s content – your call! You have until 14th December to make it.
2) Upload your best photo of your finished dress somewhere online – whether that’s your blog, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or Flickr account – and add the hashtag #SewingFrancoise. Please make your photo at least 650 px wide. (Unfortunately - unless anyone can suggest an easy way for us to pin from Instagram - we can’t take entries from Instagram, but do upload them there as well as somewhere else!)
Hint: Great photos will help your entry to stand out – think large, bright, with a clutter-free background. Portrait photos stand out best, and photos will need to be at least 650 px wide for us to feature them on the blog. Here are my non-techy tips for photographing your makes.
3) Then email the link to wherever you’ve posted your photo to lookwhatImade@tillyandthebuttons.com so we can be sure we don’t miss any of the entries. (You're very welcome to tag me on Twitter or Instagram too so I can see, but sometimes I miss notifications so make sure you email your entry just to be on the safe side.)
The deadline to email in the link to a photo of your finished dress is midnight GMT on Sunday 14th December.
We’ll pin links to one photo per entry on the Francoise gallery on Pinterest so everyone can "ooh" and "ahh" over your lovely creations.
After the deadline, we (Tilly and Laura) will select a short list of the entries (well, "medium list" since there are so many prizes!) that stand out for us the most and publish those photos in a blog post.
This short list will then go to a public vote so you can pick the ten winners! Public voting will close at 6pm GMT on Sunday 21st December.
The most popular entry out of the short list will win the grand prize of the sewing machine; the nine runners up will each win a £100 voucher to one of the fabric shops (allocated by us). The winners will be announced just before Christmas.
- The contest is open internationally.
- You may enter the contest with as many different versions of the Francoise dress as you like, but only one photo per entry will be considered.
- By entering the contest, you grant us the right to publish your entry photo on this blog and social media.
- You don't need a blog to enter - you can upload your entry photo to Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or Flickr, whichever you prefer.
- The Janome DKS100 sewing machine is only available in the UK. If the winner is based in another country, an equivalent or similar Janome sewing machine will be supplied.
- Runner up prizes will be allocated by us, and we are not able to take requests for which prize each runner up receives.
- Shortlisting and public voting is undertaken according to subjective criteria, and is not intended to rank or judge anyone’s style or sewing ability. Shortlisting, public voting, deadlines and allocation of prizes to winners are final and not open to appeal. This contest is for fun, so no dramas, please! :)
Go forth and start #SewingFrancoise!