There are some brilliant blog posts out there, including:
- Mad Mim's great 'Stretch Yourself' series, which is jam-packed with useful tips and tricks
- Lauren's no nonsense introduction to the topic
- Dixie DIY's guide to sewing her ballet dress pattern
- Tasia Sewaholic's posts on sewing the Renfrew top
- Steph's posts such as stabilising seams.
Craftsy has some enjoyable video classes, including Beginner Serging if you do have an overlocker/serger (this is the one I've got) or Sewing With Knits if you don't.
As for books, I love Sew U Home Stretch by Wendy Mullin for an introduction to techniques plus some nice staple knit projects to try.
I don't have this one but Rachel reviewed a book called Sew Knits With Confidence, which also sounds interesting.
So that lot should be enough to get you started! What about you - can you recommend any great resources on sewing with knits?
[Soundtrack: 'Are You With Me Now?' by Cate Le Bon]